Minimal, elegant and modern theme that allows you to create a top-notch Knowledge Base solution for your company.
- In your admin panel, go to Appearance -> Themes and click the ‘Add New’ button.
- Type in ‘LearnMore’ in the search form and press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard
Click on the ‘Activate’ button to use your new theme right away.
- Go to Appearance > Install plugins. Install and activate the “Kirki Customizer Framework” plugin to enable extra theme options.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize in your admin panel and customize to taste.
Right after you install our theme you will be prompted with a notification about recommended plugins. We encourage you to install them in order to take full advantage of LearnMore features.
Kirki Customizer Framework will enable extra customization options in your theme options panel (available under Appearance > Customize)
Yoast SEO plugin will take care of your site’s SEO as well will enable a breadcrumbs option on theme front-end.
Creating Knowledge Base page
- Please go to Pages > Add new
- On the right-hand side please find the ‘Page Attributes‘ tab and select “Knowledgebase” template
- Save/Publish the page
- In the main WordPress dashboard go to Settings > Reading
- Set ‘Your homepage displays‘ to a ‘static page’
- Select the newly created site and update the options.
Adding a few posts
By default your newly created ‘Knowledgebase’ template page will be empty. The reason for that is that the template ignores default WordPress “Uncategorized” category.
Simply create a new category and assign a post/posts to it and you are good to go.
To adjust your theme color just navigate to Appearance > Customize > Colors.
At the moment there’s only 5 colour schemes available.
The free version of LearnMore theme allows you to pick a custom font for headings and paragraph text. When you navigate to Appearance > Customize > Typography > font families you can choose one of the 5 most popular Google fonts:
- Open Sans
Since it’s a Knowledge Base theme it doesn’t put much focus on the featured image, however, it’s possible to add one. Perfect dimensions are 760 x 380 px
- The main column width for the single post layout is 760 px wide.
- The sidebar column width is up to 290 px wide.
LearnMore includes a footer widget area, where you can add widgets below the site’s content.
There’s also a widgets section on single post view.
Simply go to Appearance > Widgets to add widgets of your choice.
LearnMore is translation ready, just place your theme language files in /languages folder. Alternatively, you can use Loco Translate plugin that provides in-browser editing for WordPress translation files.
Please visit the following links to learn more about translating WordPress themes:
LearnMore is a free WordPress theme, so you can get a community help on the forum that is dedicated to the theme.